
Raj and Jackie's wedding was one of the most interesting weddings I've been to (interesting being a relative term). Mark, Gary, Jong, Brian, and I headed to San Francisco at 1 pm last Friday to get an early headstart on LA traffic. We thought roads were gonna be closed down because of the horrible weather we've been having…but fortunately for us, there was only minimal rain on the way. We stayed at the Sheraton on Fisherman's wharf -- sardined in a double occupancy room with a rollaway bed in the middle. It was really nice but I was too beat to even enjoy the fact that we were staying right across Pier 39. sigh! Oh well, it's not like I've never been to SF but it would've been nice to have gone to the alcatraz or at least walk around the pier. We were travelling on a budget and our schedule was full -- before we checked in, we went to this fancy thai restaurant where the wedding rehearsal dinner was being held. Food was decent and service was great -- they closed off a whole section for us but man that place was crowded! There were so many people in the restaurant I was literally screaming during a conversation with marisue (raj's sister). That same night the boys decided to have a stag party for raj -- and let's just say, things didn't turn out as planned but it will be THE bachelor's party that everybody will talk about for years to come. No no, don't ask me for details because I was tucked safely under my S-embroidered sheraton pillow with the airconditioning humming gently in our room (ask mark if you're so inclined to know hahaha!)
Saturday was the wedding day and it took me about 3 full hours just to get ready. I didn't do any prep work before then (i.e. manicure,pedicure, kulot) so I had to do everything myself. Add to that nagging 4 boys to get ready, and that's where all my time went…j/k. we drove to hayward to drop off paul and jake and also a box gary brought for his friends from the philippines, ate a filipino joint (tapsilog anyone?) and hung out with everybody. The wedding wasn't till 5 pm so when we went back to SF, I just took a nap and chilled in the hotel room. I guess at this point I should've gone to the pier and walked around but everybody was hung over from the night before and I was soooo tired from listening to the grumblings of the now infamous stag party (they bitched and whined till 4 am). So wedding time came around, as usual my ass is late. Mark was already downstairs since he's part of the bridal party so that left me and jong (my assigned chaperone for the night) to fight for curling iron rights -- hehehe joke lang jong! The boys were really pleased with themselves and how good they looked in tuxedos/suits. I just rolled my eyes and nodded my head in agreement -- then a little later they were all complaining to me that their necks were starting to itch from the damn things…tsk tsk tsk. "you're no james bond" I say.
The wedding was in a ballroom at the sheraton. It was really elaborate: rose petals, center pieces, fillet mignon entrée, a pyramid chocolate mousse dessert, the works! We were all starving after the wedding so gary took the liberty of destroying the center piece sitting on our table by taking the strawberries and apple and slicing it up for me to eat (when we figured out that it was real, we showed no mercy and devoured the fruit in the thing). Hahahaha! I think that was the funniest thing that happened that night. Us scavenging the centerpiece for food! Thank you my chaperones for not letting me go hungry. We almost broke our glassware from beating our silverware to it because raj said he would pay us everytime we make ringing/clanging sounds (not sure if this is the tradition for everyone reading this blog, but here in the states, you take your silverware and tap it against the wineglasses and the bride and groom are suppposed to kiss every time guests do this). needless to say our table was the loudest in the room -- much to the annoyance of certain people. but we didn't give a shit, we were there to have fun and it's a wedding! sheesh, some people need to take the wedge that's stuck up their a@#@! and loosen up for a change! lol, sa maigo lang!
overall the wedding was tons of fun. we laughed, we cried, we got drunk, we shook our booties, and we ate like there's no tomorrow. oh and we only made three pit stops each way, how's that for being preggers?
trip photos
wedding photos from Marisue's kodak gallery
1 comment:
awww..loved the photos. the newlyweds look sooo happy
Post a Comment