Monday, February 13, 2006

Apartment Blues =(

I want to buy a house. If I have a house, I can paint my room hot pink, put a gazillion pictures (ala bucca de beppo walls) and not worry about not getting my deposit back if I don't spackle the damn holes. I can remodel and retile my bathroom in lime green, have friends over for an extended period of time, and most of all: not worry about getting evicted.
Apartment living is fabulous, as seen on popular shows like Friends and Sex in the City, but it's all candy coated bullshit. The reality of apartment living is, you have to cough up loads of cash when you move in (security deposit and first month's rent), then you sign a ten-page ball and chain 1 year lease basically barring any creativity you could possibly think of in your so-called new-found home. And it is especially worst if your apartment is ran by a property management nazi who's very strict about the month's rent and how many days guests can stay over, but can't even arrange for a decent plumber to fix a tub leak. Arrrggghhhh!

In the past few days I have been alternating between feelings of rage, frustration, and wanting to strangle the property management manager in my current apartment. But I'm over it, or at least I'm trying to get over it. We got the keys to our new apartment this weekend (I forgot to take pics, too excited to think!) so I'm finally gonna be able to move out of my horrible place with no heat, low water pressure (the water would literally trickle in the morning), teeny weeny closet, and nightmare parking (I didn't have a garage). While I was signing the lease to our new apartment I swore to myself "As God is my witness, I will never sign an apartment lease agreement again!" (think scarlett o'hara in GWTW hahaha). Enough venting, gotta pack.

P.S. I went to SD this weekend for Lori's baby shower (she's my SDSU college buddy, bestfriend extraordinaire, and VP of our coed fraternity from years past). If she'll send me pics I'll post it here otherwise, I'll write another entry about it and showcase some of the cute stuff she got that I want for myself! ;-)

1 comment:

ronval said...

hi teray, nice to hear from you. =)