Tuesday, April 18, 2006

easter egg hunt

hollywood/highland photos courtesy of tep

Weekend was such a blast! Friday night our long lost friend Christian Canga came over with his brother Tutz – we had dinner at our favorite Vietnamese place (pho, charbroiled pork chops, and egg rools...cheap but yummy food!) and caught up on good o’l times. FYI for those who don’t know, Christian and his sister Tatchie were the people responsible for introducing Mark and I to each other (grammar check here), so understandably we’re both very very fond of them =) Mark’s friend from Colorado who they all call Batman also came over (I have no idea why they do, his real name is Richard). I didn’t get to take pics because we were yapping away about what’s going on with each others lives and such. Saturday we went out with the whole crew at the suggestion of Rebecca C. who’s been suffering cabin fever since her baby was born last month. here's a pic of me checking out her post-baby-breastesess! hahaha

So we all drove to Lucky Strike, a posh bowling/billiard/restaurant/bar located in the middle of Hollywood chaos and had some good grub. Their salads are fantastic and I think I ate a piece of everyone’s meal! I can’t believe how much food I eat these days. It seems like every 2 hours or so I get hungry – I told Mark that this baby totally takes after him. Always eating! Thankfully I’m not gaining that much weight since it’s all going outward to my tummy. But I know I need to watch it since I don’t want to be super fat after I give birth. Yea call me vain or whatever you want, but I’m so short I can’t afford to gain a lot of weight because I’ll look like a butterball and Mark’s gonna have to roll me around when we go out for walks (think: Violet Beauregarde in Charlie and the chocolate factory) – hahahahaha! Everybody ended up at the house since we were all broke and can’t afford Lucky Strike’s steep prices for bowling lanes and shoe rentals. Everybody was really mellow and just sat around and watched La Visa Loca – an indie Filipino flick about a guy who desperately wants to get a visa to come to America. The cinematography and script is awesome (yes there’s English subtitles) and the lengths this guy goes to just to get the coveted visa is hilarious (he ended up being nailed to the cross – how’s that for bizarre?).

Sunday we went to my sister’s house to be with the fam for easter and also celebrate my mum’s bday. the kiddies had a ball hunting for easter eggs and dancing/singing/running around. the funniest part of the easter egg hunt was when mark placed a pink egg (with money in it) on a pink rose -- the camouflage effect was amazing and it took the kids a few minutes to locate the egg! all the adults were laughing their heads off because the kids were very very serious about looking for the last egg. after a couple of hints they finally found it and we all headed into the house to count the finds. i've never seen so many pastel colored candies in my life! next year i'm looking forward to have my own kid join the easter egg hunt (it's still so surreal to say this by the way).



More
Easter Photos!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kadaghan ba stolen shots nako i look so fatttttt ka luod whahahahahha

Matet Quirino said...

enjoyed reading your escapades teray! as always :)