Wednesday, May 03, 2006

babies r us 101

i have officially become the personal shopper of my unborn child =) had a very productive weekend registering for gifts! my sister isang and i headed to babies r us and got a scanning gun from their baby registry counter. This was my first time to register for gifts, ever -- man did I get trigger happy with that thing! [sidenote: for those who have not experienced registering for gifts like me, this is how it works: you go to the store, they give you a scanning gun, you run around the store and go crazy! j/k…you scan the items you want as gifts, you return the scanning gun to the registry counter and they give you a print out of the items you tagged plus free invitation inserts and invitations! Oh, you can also add/delete items online, isn't technology wonderful??? The point of registering is so you won't get 5 of the same things when you have your baby shower =)] we decided to round the perimeter of the store and our first stop were the items closest to the registry counter. Unfortunately for isang, the first thing we tried to tag were boppy pillows and it took me a full 5 minutes to decide what color I want to pick! Isang was like: "just pick one! We still have the whole store to go through!" hahahah, I'm not indecisive, am i? heeheeheee. I drove her nuts because I wanted to register for everything and she's like: "nope you don't need that" I'm so glad she came with me otherwise I'd end up with all these crap I don't need. I'm really really picky so after three hours (I think it was more than that) and lots of debates, this is what we came up with:
I also registered at target because they have some stuff that babies r us don't have
Target registry
my sister is planning my baby shower but mark and i were also thinking about doing a small get-together at the house. we'll see what happens. right now i'm busy with doing the baby's room and setting up our own room for him. will update on that soon!

p.s. i didn't really no how clueless i was when it comes to taking care of a baby, but when it took me several attempts to lower a crib gate, i knew i needed help! lol!

No comments: